Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'm leaving on a jet plane....

Well, that should be left on a jetplane, but that isn't the words to the song. Any-hoo, I'm safely in Tauranga. I arrived Tuesday morning (after 30+ hours of travel). It's been great here so far. All of the church members are wonderful people. I just hope that I don't disappoint them. We're still trying to figure out a regular schedule, but I know that it will involve teaching English (using the bible) to some immigrants, working with the youth in the congregation, and visiting members that live in somewhat outlying areas.

Pictures should be coming soon.

*editors note: I found out that the word pakeha has some derogatory connotations, so I've changed the title. My apologies to any Kiwi readers.

3 comments:

Dustin said...

Very cool man, glad it finally happened!

Sammie said...

wooo yay I'm so excited for you. You won't disappoint anyone dude. You're gonna do awesome things. I'm also curious what that pake... whatever word means... ;)

katie said...

Ha ha I sang that the whole way here :)